baby boy monaco's nursery tour | simply love
x

baby boy monaco's nursery tour

the nursery is officially ready to welcome a baby! it seems surreal and i can't wait to meet this little guy, whom i am destined to fall madly, deeply in love with. when we found out that we were having a baby boy, i knew i wanted the nursery to be gray, white {light/airy} with rustic, vintage, and personal touches.  the room is pretty small but has three large windows {which is why some of the photos were really hard to take!} i love the natural light though. in late october, my dad created a white accent wall on one wall {it's about 3/4 of the way up with hooks- so in love with how it turned out! thank you so much, dad!}  it helped give the tiny room a lot more character. seeing everything come together has been emotional and so special- i had the best time gathering pieces between july-december. i poured my heart and soul into his little room. i am so excited to share it all with you today- i hope you enjoy it! it feels serene, peaceful, and calm to me- which is what i hope he feels in his space, too.

the nursery tour: 
the quilt hanging on the bed was my blanket when i was a little girl- made with love by my paternal grandma, leona 
the bookshelves are from ikea - $4.99! each 
mary poppins stole my heart as a child. 
the crib is simple and mid-modern 
i have loved it for years and searched endlessly at all options but came back to this one from babyletto- the hudson crib 
{we both love it!}
i am also hoping to share more of his closet with you soon 
we used bins, baskets, and organizers to make more room 
most of his clothes are consignment/were on sale/vintage from instagram 
i loved searching for pieces for him 
{clothes for baby boys were surprising aDoRaBle!}
this fox paining was painted by mr. monaco's maternal grandma - it's so precious!! 
our baby photos/family photos surround the room 
the lord's prayer, a forest print, a personalized window my godmother made for baby that says 'love you to the moon and back,' and a letter i wrote him are also ready to be hung on a gallery art wall soon {hanging these pieces is the only step left!}
my aunt judy gave us this mobile and it's perfect
she also has a love for birds like i do! 
the utility cart was purchased at ikea! 
print from urban outfitters 
we picked up this guy at the paris market in savannah on our babymoon
he's from blabla kids- my favorite stuffed animals! 
the curtains are white with light gray poms
darling, 
i love you. 
forever and ever.
the glider fits perfectly in this little corner of the room
{we love everything about it!!}
the color, size and it's so comfortable
i find myself just sitting in it at night sometimes and already feel so relaxed
there is also a hanging air plant hanging above it
this rocking chair was mr. monaco's when he was a little boy 
the air plant is from a local farmer's market {atherton mill for locals}
the lady is the sweetest!! my mom and i love her. 
hanging over the crib 
baby boy needed a wolf in his room 
{wolf was my maiden name/holds a special place in my heart}
plus, i found him while shopping with my mom over thanksgiving- even better :) 
i picked up these vintage pottery barn adventure blocks at salvaged beauty- an adorable vintage shop
art print in the glider area of the room 
there are a few more pieces with his little name on it 

{which we just love}
and will show later! 
{because it's a surprise!!!}
i picked up this blessed mary at an antique shop- it was my first purchase! 
details: 
paint color: owl gray by benjamin moore 
crib: babyletto- white hudson crib 
changing table: sleepy poet antique mall 
light: ikea
book shelves: ikea 
glider: home decorators collection 
bird mobile: etsy
reclaimed wood tree branch: etsy
'love him forever' art: etsy 
white sheepskin rug: tj. maxx home goods  
ladder for blankets: etsy
end table: target
stuffed animals {bear, bunnies, wolf}: jellycats
crib bedding: etsy
changing pad cover: aden + anais
forest print: urban outfitters
curtains: etsy 
wood lamp: target
pouf: target
personalized moses basket: etsy
cream utility cart: ikea

come say hi -- instagram . facebook . twitter . bloglovin 

13 comments:

  1. I love everything! The prettiest details! Now, we wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Where did you get the white three tier roller? I have been looking for one for my nursery. We're moving into our new place at this end of this month and I cannot wait to start decorating.
    - Amanda Shuman | www.carrylovedesigns.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness how cute! I love all the art prints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It looks wonderful! Where did you find the small antlers?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I have seen a cuter nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohmygoodness what a precious nursery and I love all the vintage touches! I love your style and followed on IG. We've got those same book shelves in our kiddos' shared bedroom and they are perfect for picking out a storybook :)
    Lora

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome photos! Love the crisp white with touches of color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your nursery is so sweet, I love all the personal little touches-it looks like it's ready now for baby!

    xoxo, SS

    The Southern Stylista

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh! This looks so great and super cute! I love IKEA plants! They're the best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dying over this nursery! It's so perfect - love the soft lighting in the room and all of the shabby chic decor. It's so cozy :)
    -Linh

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh My Heavens! His room is so stinkin' cute! I'm in love with it! It looks so relaxing and cozy. I love all the things that belonged to you and your husband when you were younger, too! It's so presh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nelle! Everything about his room is beautiful & perfect! Now all you need is for him to fill it! :)

    ReplyDelete

please leave some love!
thank you so much...