a grateful heart {my motherhood role models} | simply love
x

a grateful heart {my motherhood role models}

i snapped a photo of some of baby boy's current possessions! 
we were able to make some progress on nursery planning sunday- yay!
{more details coming soon!}
i have been finding some great consignment and thrift store finds 
along with several generous gifts from loved ones- so, so sweet.
last saturday my dad {who loves a good pic message} sent me this photo
of my aunt, cousin, and mom at a family wedding that day in cincinnati
 it came at the perfect time. i had just spent a week at the beach where i sat back and spent a lot of time pondering. i decided to unplug from my phone/social media and decided to take in the beautiful atmosphere. i took walks and watched families/children interacting together on the beach. as i watched, i felt so many emotions and connections. the little kids playing with their siblings, building sand castles with dad while mom read a book and got some much deserved relaxation, twin boys {around one} each chasing a pigeon, some laughing/some crying - but so much family love. while taking this all in, i thought about my own family dynamic {which i am so proud of - esp. our closeness and openness with one another} and i thought about how i want to be with our kids someday. i thought about how i want to come across with them, the memories i want to make, the people i want in their life, the values i want to pass down. so when this photo arrived saturday evening, i could not help but think... these three women have always been such inspiring motherhood role models to me. i loved the photo- of three beautiful women. as a result, i started to think about all of the reasons why and how these three have had an impact on my life and why i want to follow in their footsteps. my aunt and cousin lived in chicago- only six hours away from my hometown. we visited often and i always loved everything about our visits. our all day shopping trips to cute boutiques/michigan ave, snuggling up for movie nights, games around my aunt's {incredible} fireplace in her basement, crafting, singing in the car, long walks, amazing meals, and most of all, our deep conversations. i love this about our family. we laugh a lot, but we also have deep chats about life and its greatness/struggles. one thing is certain, their nurturing personalities influenced me {and i know my sister feels the same way} for a lifetime.

 "live so that when your children think of fairness, caring, and integrity, they think of you" 
- h. jackson brown jr. 

i am thankful for: 

- always teaching me the power of forgiveness and importance of calmness
- for allowing me to be a kid - yet respecting me at the same time by treating me like a young adult when i got older. i always felt so special for this. i never felt like a little kid when i wasn't anymore... instead, they all made my feel like one of them by both their demeanor and the way they all spoke to me. {my aunt and cousin never 'baby talked' and i always admired this- i noticed the impact this had on my cousin's two kids, who are SO good!!! and always have been {they are now 19 and 15} my dream is that our kids are half as amazing, sweet to others, and well behaved. i loved watching them grow up! seriously, this requires a blog post in itself.}
- the way you all taught me the importance of being respectful when other people are sleeping and to always be quiet {esp. when sweet babies are snoozing} 
- a love for antiques and all day shopping trips
- to always just do your best 
- to always trust your kids and to let them 'fly' when they get to the age of leaving for the world 
- morning chats over coffee and maple donuts - or my dad's famous omelets {if we are lucky!}
- a deep love for family 
- how you all taught me the importance of keeping a clean home 
- my mom's strong catholic faith and belief in not just going to church but showing generosity and compassion every day
- having the presence of kind, nurturing spirits around me
- never overpowering others with your own opinion by being open-minded and accepting of all. 
- a love for shabby chic decor {and birds} {and tj. maxx}
- the importance of working hard-- without complaining 
- humbleness. 
- the power of a warm hug

our baby boy is expected to arrive in just five months
i hope to always do my best
and most of all, hope to be half the mom/role model you all have been to me. 
thank you- my heart is so grateful. 
{and so thankful baby monaco will have you all in his life!}
 these two. 
their love shines more by the year!
i certainly will never doubt my parent's extrordinary love.
lastly, how precious is my beautiful niece?!
she is so sweet and i loved spending the week with her
i miss her already - more beach photos coming soon!
...
  ...what is your heart grateful for this week...

Grateful Heart w/ Ember Grey
hope your weekend was awesome!
xo also linking up with life of meg and b loved boston





come say hi -- instagram . facebook . twitter . bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thank you so much, christine!! you are so sweet :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely words, lovely thoughts. I so enjoyed reading this from ember grey's grateful heart. I'll be back to read more of your sweet blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! :) i am excited to follow your blog, too! thank you for stopping in

      Delete
  3. So beautiful :) You have an incredible family and your baby boy is already so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! very, very blessed and grateful! hope you're well, audrey!!

      Delete
  4. I love morning chats over coffee and blueberry pancakes with bacon! Hope you have an amazing week :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) yum! love blueberry pancakes! and thanks so much- you, too!

      Delete

please leave some love!
thank you so much...