oh baby | fifteen weeks | simply love
x

oh baby | fifteen weeks


how far along?  | 15 weeks 

due date: january 14, 2016

baby's size | baby is the size of an apple |  4 inches and 2.5 ounces 

gender | a little BOY! {thank you all so much for all of LOVE about my post yesterday~ regarding my thoughts on being a boy mom- my inbox and texts were full of support, personal experiences, prayers it meant so much to me! please note: i hope i didn't come across as sad or disappointed because it's truly the opposite! i just experienced a slight fear on day two… and decided to share my heart and soul. also, sorry for all of the {happy?} tears i guess i caused <3} 

feeling | overall, still much better! however, i suffered from a painful three day headache {friday afternoon- monday morning} and it wasn't fun at all. i think i like the second trimester {a lot} better. monday i shared some first trimester essentials if you are interested

maternity clothes | not quite yet! i can still button my pants and have been wearing a lot of yoga pants at home and maxis/dresses while out 
{please ignore the flap of my pants sticking out! that's not the baby- haha}

workouts | arm workouts and lots of walking {early in the day- before it reaches 100 degrees for the second month in a row. unfortunately, i am not kidding}    

sleep | it's still pretty good but i get up at least once a night for a bathroom break

cravings | none this week … except at one point on monday evening during a movie {we saw 'inside out' -- so cute!!} i was dreaming about a box of hot tamales? 

movement | not yet, but i can't wait! i read that it is usually between weeks 16-22 for first time moms… when did you feel your baby for the first time? 

fun facts | although i can't feel him, he's squirming a ton, he might be hiccuping in there, and he's making lots of progress with his joints and all of his limbs can move now!

miss anything | missing my mom and sister a lot during this special experience. we are all so close and i can literally talk to them about anything… it's just hard being so far apart.  they were shopping last weekend and sent me some photos of baby boy clothes- their excitement is contagious. it's just hard sometimes. i am so grateful to have them in my life. i love the trust and distance they give me… allowing me to be myself and make my own decisions {but yet are always there for me, too!} below is a photo of my mom around the time she found out she was pregnant with me… 
how beautiful is she?! {both inside {lots} and out!}

best moment of the week | celebrating mr. monaco's birthday monday and a prenatal massage last night- it was perfect. 

looking forward to | starting to venture out around charlotte with mr. monaco this weekend... looking for nursery inspirations {i want to take this special process slow/want to enjoy it} along with starting to think about what we should register for!

next appointment | august 20 for an ultrasound! 
in case you missed:
come say hi - instagram . facebook . twitter . bloglovin

27 comments:

  1. This was my favorite stage of pregnancy- where you can feel them, but you're not quite yet super uncomfortable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) i think it's going to be my favorite!

      Delete
  2. Aw, I love following your pregnancy journey! I loved being pregnant and for me the sweet spot was around 20 weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much!! i have heard the same thing... 18-20 weeks is where it's at! and i will be going back to school as a teacher {so that will be great timing!!}

      Delete
  3. I'm new here so congratulations!! I know I sound crazy because you don't even know me, but I am so happy for you!! What a wonderful time! You look so cute in your pictures too! I'm about to go read your post about having a boy. I don't even know what I would do if I had a boy. I know nothing about boys! Congrats again and I can't wait to read more and more of your story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! excited to follow you, too! i really appreciate the kind words and love!

      Delete
  4. You look absolutely adorable and it makes me miss being pregnant. I love the kimono you're wearing, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awe, thank you!!! so sweet of you ;)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations. I've five kids so I understand your feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great idea to document your pregnancy- I wish I would have done something like this! Looking forward to following along with you. Your pictures are beautiful- I love that kimono you're wearing. You should definitely keep it up with the prenatal massages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! i would love to keep the massages up... might get another one in november/december {when things get real 'real!'} i really loved your sweet comment!

      Delete
  7. Like everyone else, I love your kimono! Reading this post is the first time I thought about how if I'm still blogging when I get pregnant in the future I can do these too! You'll never forget the different stages of your pregnancy and the milestones! I think it's a great way to document it to look back on later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you - so much! :) and you def. should!!! xo

      Delete
  8. How fun! Love all the updates and all the fun photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, so cute! My birthday is January 12, and my mom's is the 13th, so although I'm admittedly biased, I personally think your sweet babe has a great due date ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's awesome :) maybe... i am measuring for the 12th!! you are so sweet!

      Delete
  10. Such a sweet post! Glad you're feeling better :) Can't wait to see what you pick out for the nursery!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! today was a rough day :( but overall, lots better! i appreciate your sweet comment and can't wait to search for the nursery!!!

      Delete
  11. Oh man, pregnancy headaches are the worst! I'm having a boy too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! congrats! they really are the worse… excited to follow your journey, too!

      Delete
  12. Buuuump!!! So cute!! (I definitely teared up over that picture of your mom. What a special moment captured - she's glowing) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) haha you're so cute! thank you! and awe… so sweet of you! she's a lovely woman! xo

      Delete
  13. I love reading about pregnancy updates. By the way, I loved your gender reveal. So adorable!

    ReplyDelete

please leave some love!
thank you so much...