no matter how old I get, the holidays are still such a magical time. I love it all – the decorations, the shopping, the music, the movies, and most of all spending time with the people I love. If the holidays are anything like the rest of this year, though, they’re (unfortunately)
going to fly by.
is anyone else extra giddy about the holidays this year?!
so in an attempt to enjoy the rest of this year as much as possible, here’s my
holiday bucket list.
* watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade- check
* decorate the nest - check
* bake as many Christmas cookies as possible
* listen to the “Baby It’s Cold Outside” Pandora station
* enjoy my mom's pumpkin rolls - that I MAKE
* watch all my favorite Christmas movies: Home Alone, Elf, The Holiday, The Santa Clause, etc.
* not wait until the last minute to get gifts
* DIY at least one gift
* have a cozy holiday dinner with mr. monaco
* take lots of photos- i am sure this doesn't surprise you.
* eat candy canes and drink lots of hot cocoa
* kiss under the mistletoe
* go ice skating for the FIRST time- i know… crazy. esp. because i spent a lot of my childhood on rollerskates
* get a picture sitting on Santa’s lap
*do charity work
* spend real quality time with my family- my sister is coming to visit next week- we knew we couldn't go a Christmas apart
* drive through a Christmas light show
* get dressed up for holiday parties
* go off the grid/unplug with my family and friends
* reflect on the past year and make goals for the year ahead-
2014, you excite me already!
what’s on your holiday bucket list