*still have not cheated once you all!! yay- five more days. *might be ordering a pizza tues!
*his dad always wrote 'tim' in ketchup on the top ...
he tried to write 'the monacos' = the mon
i started using kale...
my friend, anna (love) taught me this trick-
cutting a watermelon in half acts as a fabulous 'watermelon bowl' for a snack!
use a spoon and scoop up the sensational refreshing flavor!!
baked eggs in a bell pepper
4 red or yellow bell peppers cut in half lengthwise and seeds removed (leave the green stem intact if desired for a pretty finish)
1 cup diced zucchini
1 cup diced yellow onion
1 cup diced portobello mushrooms
2 garlic cloves, minced
6 oz cubed pancetta
Cooking fat of your choice (we used about 2 tablespoons of duck fat)
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Optional: cherry tomatos cut in half and fresh basil for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Place bell pepper halves on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, saute the pancetta and onions together in the duck fat over medium to medium high heat until the onions start to soften and the pancetta begins to crisp. Add the minced garlic, zucchini and mushrooms and saute until the zucchini are al dente.
4. When the bell peppers are out of the oven, drain any moisture from the inside that appeared after roasting, and stuff each bell pepper half with a large scoop of the sautéed pancetta and veggie mixture.
5. If your bell peppers are BIG you can crack 2 eggs per bell pepper half on top of the stuffing. Our bells were small (homegrown babies) so we only used one egg per bell pepper half.
6. Place the stuffed bells in a large casserole dish, cover with foil and bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes or until the egg whites are set. Check after 20 minutes because the heat of your oven may be different than mine.
7. OPTIONAL – top with fresh torn basil leaves and cherry tomato halves.
autumn- <3 you...
hope you are enjoying this beautiful season as well...
unfortunately, i am so sick this week...
suffering from a cold/sore throat/earaches/head that weighs 20 lbs -
so off to bed early tonight~
on a rainy charlotte evening
huge thank you to all of my dear friends at work today
for all of the support!!
love you all.